· Glass is formed by melting silicon dioxide and other chemical substances (main raw materials are: soda ash, limestone, quartz). A silicate-based non-metallic material that forms a continuous network structure during melting, and gradually increases in viscosity and hardens during cooling to cause it to crystallize. The chemical composition of ordinary glass is Na2SiO3, CaSiO3, SiO2 or Na2O·CaO·6SiO2, etc. The main component is silicate double salt, which is an amorphous solid with irregular structure.
There is no special material classification for glass bottles, but they are mostly classified by use.
2. The advantages of cosmetic packaging glass bottles
(1). The glass material is lead-free and harmless, and has good barrier performance, which can well prevent various gases from oxidizing and eroding the objects in the bottle, and at the same time can effectively prevent the volatile components of the inner material from volatilizing.
(2). Glass bottles are safe and hygienic, non-toxic and harmless, have good corrosion resistance and acid corrosion resistance, can be recycled and used repeatedly, are conducive to environmental protection, and have special packaging advantages for the cosmetics industry.
3. Classification and matching of glass bottles
(1). Cream jar series: wide-mouth glass body + double-layer plastic outer cover (general capacity is 10g-50g).
(2). Essence series: narrow-mouth glass bottle body + Plastic Treatment Pump head or anodized aluminum treatment pump head (general capacity is 20 to 100ml)
(3). Toner series: narrow-mouth glass bottle body + plastic inner plug + outer cover (more than 100ml, also with pump head)
(4). Essential oil bottle series: narrow mouth glass body + inner plug + big head cap or plastic head + dropper + anodized aluminum cap. Essential oil bottles are usually made of brown or colored and colored matte, which can be protected from light and better protect the body of essential oils.
*Note: Glass bottles with a capacity greater than 200ml are rarely used in cosmetics. The main reason is that the capacity is too large, plus the weight of the glass bottle, the overall weight is too large, and it will be relatively clumsy for women to use, as if cooking soy sauce.
4. Cosmetic glass bottle coloring process
(1). Bottle body color or effect process:
Matte, spraying, electroplating. The effect of spraying generally requires additional money, electroplating will be more expensive than spraying, and frosting will increase the cost.
(2). Silk screen printing on the bottle body:
① Screen printing category: For silk screen printing on blank transparent or frosted or spray-painted bottles, high-temperature ink should be used, and it will be baked at high temperature after coloring. It will not fade and be difficult to scratch. Another kind of low-temperature ink silk screen printing has brighter color and higher requirements for ink, otherwise it is easy to fall off, and attention should be paid to bottle disinfection.
② Minimum printing quantity: Generally more than 5000 pieces. The same color printing is counted as one color for round bottles, and the calculation basis for flat or oval bottles is based on the number of printing surfaces and the number of printing colors on the printing surface.
③ Precautions for silk screen printing: In terms of design, it should be considered that there should be no more than 2 colors at most, and the negative film should be produced when the film is produced. The text, pattern, and line should not be too thin or too large, which may easily cause broken lines or ink accumulation. Proofing confirmation to avoid color differences. If the frosted glass bottle is misprinted, it can be reprinted after the grinding process, and the processing fee will be charged separately.
(3). Cap technology:
It can be used for anodized aluminum lettering, bronzing, and etched lines. It can be matte and shiny. It should be equipped with a gasket and an inner cover. It is best to use it with a pressure-sensitive sheet to enhance the sealing effect.
5. Mold opening cost of cosmetic glass bottle
The manual mold is about $500-$1000, the automatic mold is generally about $1000-$1500, and 1 out of 4 or 1 out of 8 will cost about $3000-$6000, depending on the specific conditions of the manufacturer.
6. The production cycle and minimum order quantity of cosmetic glass bottles
· Glass bottles are usually in stock in commonly used bottle shapes. The production cycle of glass bottles is longer, and the fastest takes 20 days, and some delivery periods take 45 days. The cycle and MOQ will be affected by the peak season and off-season.
· The general order quantity is 5,000pcs to 10,000pcs, and the smaller the bottle type, the larger the quantity to be made.
· It should be packed in paper or foam and separated individually, and it should be equipped with an inner tray and a middle box to play a more shockproof role.
7. Matters needing attention in the use of cosmetic glass bottles
The uneven thickness of the glass bottle will easily lead to damage, or it will be easily crushed by the contents in severe cold conditions. The following two points should be paid attention to:
(1). It is easy to be crushed by the contents under severe cold conditions. A reasonable capacity should be tested during filling, considering the volume of water after freezing. Generally, it should not be filled too full, leaving 15%-20% of the space.
(2). The product should be equipped with a color box, and the inner support and middle box can play a more anti-vibration role.
Copyright © 2023 BOTTLE - aivideo8.com All Rights Reserved.