Maypak packaging has been focusing on cosmetic tubes for more than 17 years and was established in 2006,the company enjoys a good reputation at home and abroad.
Tube is a commonly used packaging material for cosmetics. It is divided into round tubes, oval tubes, flat tubes, and ultra-flat tubes in terms of technology. According to the product structure, it is divided into single-layer, double-layer and five-layer tubes. They are different in terms of pressure resistance, anti-penetration and hand feeling. For example, the five-layer tube consists of an outer layer, an inner layer, two adhesive layers, and another barrier layer, this article introduces the common quality-related requirements for tubes:
Cosmetic Tubes are hygienic and convenient to use, bright and beautiful in surface color, economical and convenient, and easy to carry. Even after high-strength extrusion around the body, they can still return to their original shape and maintain a good appearance. Therefore, they have been widely used in cream cosmetics. Packaging, such as the packaging of facial cleanser, hair conditioner, hair dye, toothpaste and other products in the cosmetic industry, as well as the packaging of creams and ointments for external use in the pharmaceutical industry (Other packaging can also be used, such as: Plastic Bottle / Plastic Jar, etc).
Basic Appearance Requirements
1. Appearance requirements: In principle, under natural light or 40W fluorescent lamp, visual inspection at a distance of about 30cm, no surface unevenness, embossing (no twill on the end seal), scratches, scratches, and burns.
2. The surface is smooth, clean inside and outside, evenly glazed, the gloss is consistent with the standard model, no obvious unevenness, redundant stripes, scratches or indentations, deformation, wrinkles and other abnormalities, no foreign matter adhesion, small unevenness There shall be no more than 5 branch tubes. If the net content of the tube is ≥100ml, 2 blooms are allowed; if the net content of the tube is <100ml, 1 bloom is allowed.
3. The tube body and cover are flat, without edge, damage, or screw tooth defect. The tube body is tightly sealed, the tail line is flush, and the seal width is consistent. The standard size of the seal height is 3.5-4.5mm. The allowable deviation of the height of the tube sealing line is ≤0.5mm.
4. Damage (damage or rot in any part of the tube or cover); closed mouth; peeling off of the paint layer on the surface of the tube > 5 mm2; cracking of the end seal; broken head; severe thread deformation.
5. Sanitation: The inside and outside of the tube are clean, and there are obvious dirt, dust and foreign objects on the inside of the tube and cover. No dust, oil and other foreign matter, no peculiar smell, and meet the hygienic requirements of cosmetic packaging materials: that is, the total number of colonies ≤ 10cfu, Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Staphylococcus aureus cannot be detected.
Surface Treatment And Graphic Printing Requirements
· The overprint position deviation is between the upper and lower limit positions confirmed by both parties (≤±0.1mm), without ghosting.
· Graphics and texts are clear and complete, consistent with the color of the sample, and the color difference between the tube body and its printed graphics and texts does not exceed the color difference range of the standard sample.
· The size and thickness of the text is similar to the standard sample, no broken characters, bruised characters, no leakage, and does not affect the recognition.
· Printed fonts have no obvious rough edges or ink edges, are correct, and there are no typos, missing characters, missing punctuation marks, missing text strokes, blurred, etc.
The overprint is accurate, the overprint error of the main part is ≤1mm, and the overprint error of the secondary part is ≤2mm. No obvious heterochromia and speckle
· If the net content of the hose is ≥ 100ml, there are 2 places on the front that do not exceed 0.5mm, and the total area of each does not exceed 0.2mm2, and there are 3 places on the back that do not exceed 0.5mm, and the total area does not exceed 0.2mm2. ;
· If the net content of the hose is less than 100ml, there is one spot not exceeding 0.5mm on the front and the total area not exceeding 0.2mm2, and two spots and specks not exceeding 0.5mm on the back and the total area not exceeding 0.2mm2 are allowed .
3. Version deviation:
· If the net content of the tube is ≥ 100ml, the vertical deviation of the printing plate shall not exceed ±1.5mm, and the left and right deviation shall not exceed ±1.5mm;
· If the net content of the tube is less than 100ml, the vertical deviation of the printing plate shall not exceed ±1mm, and the left and right deviation shall not exceed ±1mm.
4. Content requirements:
Consistent with the film and samples confirmed by both the supplier and the buyer.
5. Color difference:
The color of printing and bronzing is consistent with the sample confirmed by both the supplier and the buyer, and the color deviation is between the upper and lower limit colors confirmed by both parties
Tube Size and Construction Requirements
1. Specifications and dimensions:
Measure with a vernier caliper according to the requirements of the design drawings, and the tolerance is within the specified range of the drawings: the maximum allowable deviation of diameter is 0.5mm; the maximum allowable deviation of length is 1.5mm; the maximum allowable deviation of thickness is 0.05mm;
2. Weight requirements:
Measured with a balance with an accuracy of 0.1g, the standard value and allowable error are within the agreed range of both parties: the maximum allowable deviation is 10% of the weight of the standard sample;
3. Mouth capacity:
After filling the container with 20°C water to level the container mouth, the full mouth capacity of the container is expressed by the quality of the water poured in. The standard value and error range are within the agreed range of both parties: the maximum allowable deviation is 100% of the full mouth capacity of the standard sample 5%;
4. Thickness uniformity (suitable for hoses with a content of more than 50ML):
Cut open the container, use a thickness gauge to measure 5 places on the top, middle and bottom respectively, and the maximum allowable deviation is not more than 0.05mm;
5. Material requirements:
According to the materials stipulated in the contract signed by the supplier and the buyer, the inspection shall be carried out with reference to the corresponding national industry standards, and it shall be consistent with the sealed sample.
1. The sealing method and shape meet the contract requirements of both parties.
2. The height of the sealing part meets the requirements of the contract between the two parties.
3. The tail seal is centered, straight, and the left and right deviation is ≤1mm.
4. The firmness of the seal:
Put water of specified capacity and place it between the upper and lower plates. The cover should be moved out of the plate. Pressurize to 10kg in the middle of the upper plate and keep it for 5 minutes. , There is no bursting or leakage at the tail.
Use an air gun to apply 0.15Mpa air pressure to the tube for 3 seconds. No blowouts.
Tube Functional Requirements
1. Compressive performance: You can refer to the following two methods:
· After filling the hose with about 9/10 of the maximum capacity of water, cover the matching cover (if there is an inner plug, it must be equipped with an inner plug) and put it flat in the vacuum desiccator to evacuate to -0.08MPa and keep it for 3 minutes without bursting or cracking. leakage.
· Randomly select 10 samples from each batch of materials; add water with the same weight or volume as the net content of each product in the sample tube, and place it horizontally; use the specified pressure to vertically statically press the tube body for 1 minute, and the pressure head area is ≥ 1/ 2 container stress area.
2. Drop test:
Load the content of the specified capacity, cover the lid, and drop it freely on the concrete floor from a height of 120cm. There are no cracks, bursts, leaks, no hoses, the lid is not tightly fitted, and the lid is not loose.
3. Cold resistance and heat resistance (compatibility test):
· Fill the content into the tube or soak the test piece in the content, and place it at 48°C and -15°C for 4 weeks. If there is no change in the tube or test piece and the content, it is qualified;
· Detect 1 batch in every 10 batches of materials; extract 3 lids of each mold cavity from a batch of materials, and the total number of matching with the tube is no less than 20 sets; add water with the same weight or volume as the net content in the tube; add 1/2 The number of samples is heated to 48±2°C in a constant temperature box and placed for 48 hours; 1/2 of the
number of samples is cooled to -5°C to -15°C in a refrigerator and placed for 48 hours; the sample is taken out and returned to room temperature for further testing. external assessment. Eligibility criteria: No crack, deformation (referring to the appearance change that cannot be restored to the original shape), discoloration of any part of the tube or cover, and no cracking or broken ends of the tube.
4. Yellowing test:
Put the hose under the ultraviolet lamp for 24 hours or under the sun for 1 week, and if there is no obvious discoloration compared with the standard sample, it is qualified
5. Compatibility test:
Pour the content into the hose or soak the test piece in the content, and place it at 48°C and -15°C for 4 weeks. If there is no change in the hose or test piece and the content, it is qualified .
6. Adhesion requirements:
· Pressure-sensitive tape peeling method test: use 3M 810 tape to adhere to the test site, and tear it off quickly after being flattened (no air bubbles are allowed), and there is no obvious adhesion of ink and bronzing on the tape (requires that the area of ink and bronzing falling off < the total area of printed characters) 5% of the surface) and larger areas of varnish (<10% of the total surface area) falling off are qualified.
· Influence of the content: Rub back and forth 20 times with a finger dipped in the content, if the content does not change color and no ink falls off, it is qualified.
· The bronzing shall not fall off with a diameter of more than 0.2mm, and shall not be disconnected or broken, and the offset of the bronzing position shall not exceed 0.5mm.
· Silk screen, hose surface, bronzing: 1 batch for every 10 batches, 10 samples are randomly selected from each batch of materials, soaked in 70% alcohol for 30 minutes, the surface of the
hose does not fall off, and the failure rate is ≤ 1/10.
1. Match the degree of tightness:
· Torque test (applicable to thread fit): When the screw cap is tightened with a torque of 10kgf/cm at the tube port, the tube and cap will not be damaged and the teeth will not slip.
· Opening force (applicable to the matching of the hose with the cover): the opening force is moderate
2. After matching, the tube and cover will not be skewed.
3. After the tube cover is fitted, the gap is uniform, and there is no obstacle to touch the gap with your hands. The maximum gap is within the range confirmed by both parties (≤0.2mm).
4. Sealing test:
· After installing about 9/10 of the maximum water volume of the tube, cover the matching cover (if there is an inner plug, the inner plug must be equipped) and put it flat in the airless desiccator to airless up to -0.06MPa and keep it for 5 minutes without leakage. ;
· Fill the container with water according to the net content specified in the container, tighten the cap and place it flat at 40°C for 24 hours, without leakage;